Sunday, October 3, 2010

Keeping up with the Jones'

I am an independent woman. I tend not to follow the trends of what is in or what is out. I wear what I think looks good on me and I won’ let the whim of a total stranger dictate how I dress or what I wear.

I don’t follow other people’s advice. Ask my family. They think I am the most stubborn person in the world and I tend to think for myself….regardless of what other advice I have been given.

But with all of that expressed sincerely from my heart……I want to keep up with the Jones.

Not the Jones who are buying new houses and new cars. Or those that have on the latest fashions.

I want to keep up with the Athletic Jones!

One of my best friends of over 20 years hated exercising. She said she needed more “return” if she was going to work up a sweat! Her philosophy was, “I will eat OR drink….never both!” as her diet regime. Then she hit 40 and her metabolism changed. Now my non-athletic girl is participating in her first Triathlon!!! Ms. No Sweat started off running…winning her age group, amassing race t-shirts and getting hooked on that runners high I kept telling her about.

And a wonderful woman that I am attaching myself to (ha, ha!) is training for a marathon! I mean…do you know how daunting a task that is?? She ran 21 miles yesterday and today got on the court and kicked butt in tennis! Now THAT’s the type of keeping up with the Jones that I want to be a part of.

No….Ms. No Sweat can keep her Triathlon….but I would LOVE to do a Duathalon. And Ms. Marathon/Tennis Player/Blog Queen can keep her 26 miles…but I would love to compete in a 15k.

So yes, at the ripe old age of 44……I will be trying to keep up with the Jones!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! The Jones are trying to keep up with you - Wonder Woman!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete