Tuesday, August 24, 2010

So Little Time

The kids are home from school. The quiet of the day has been ruptured by giggling, teasing of siblings and my daughter bouncing around the house singing her own made up song.

I’ve been calculating in my head how many years until they are in high school. The days of them wanting to sit in my lap will be gone because it won’t be cool. I wonder how much time I have before it won’t be cool to kiss me in greeting in front of their class mates.

How much time will I have before they are trying to bribe their way to using the car. “Mom, I promise to wash the car if you let me take it to a party Saturday night.” A line that only my youngest daughter can deliver, with that cute cherub smile of hers. She’s already negotiating her way into being taken to the mall, so using the car can’t be far behind!

What kinds of girls will my boys chose to be in a relationship with? Have I set a good example of the type of woman they should strive for? What about my girls? Do they have good male role models in their lives now to help them make good choices later in life? And if they don’t….what do I start doing NOW to help them step over the land mines that I have stepped on?

So much to think about. So much to plan for. For now I think I’m just going to enjoy the game of Uno I was challenged to play.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! So glad to see you're blogging again. And, girl, I wonder about those same things all the time!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete